Membership of ASFB
The ASFB has two categories of membership as shown below:
- Ordinary Membership: Cost: $60 for one year OR $150 for three years.
- Student Membership: For students at a recognised university or college. Cost: $30.
All fees include GST and are in $AU.
Overseas members are welcome.
Institutions are invited to join. A basic yearly instituional subscription is $30 which will include a hardcopy of the newsletter.
If you would like an institutional subscription that will grant your institute access to instant online access to electronic copies of the biannual newsletters, etc please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting this option.
Students wishing to upgrade their membership to ordinary membership should send an email to email@example.com requesting an upgrade.
As a member you will receive
- Discounted registration for ASFB conferences and workshops
- The society's bi-annual electronic newsletter
- Access to a range of awards, research and travel grants
- Rights to run for the executive council
- Instant online access to the members only section which includes access to past and present ASFB newsletters
How to join?
There are three steps to becoming a member of ASFB:
Step 1: Register with the ASFB website
- Click the register link on the Welcome Page or the My Dashboard.
- Fill in the form and press Submit (you will need a unique user name)
- A validation email will be sent to you.
- Click the link in the validation email to return to the AEMS site and login.
Step 2: Apply for membership
- Login to the website.
- Click the link to New Membership in My Dashboard.
- Fill in all sections of the membership form and click Submit.
- Print the tax invoice / receipt that appears - it will also be emailed to you.
Step 3: Notice of acceptance
- Once your membership is approved your payment will be processed and you will be issued with a tax receipt via email.